Monday, February 8, 2010

Interview a Student

I was asked to complete this interview by a student, pretty fun.

Name: Jennifer Hathorn

What is art for you?
The idea that nothing is true or real, everything is constructed, that reality is actually an illusion. Therefore anything that can be thought of can be created.

Which is your major?

Photography

How did you know you wanted to study that?

I always had an interest in photography as a child, but I knew I wanted to be a professional photographer in 2005 when my camera and photoshop became my best friend after a terrible start to college at a business school.

Why did you choose SCAD?

It was a credible art school that had everything I was looking for. They 100% sold me after I went to an interest portfolio review, historic beauty, the beach, great scholarships available...ext.

Describe which has been your favorite project so far, what did you learn?

Def not so much a project, more like my favorite class so far. For me that was Portrait class with Greg Ceo. I had the freedom to photograph people however I wanted and get fantastic feed back from a commercial photographers point of view for once! Also it was filled with other very talented photography students, we just had a great time!

Which has been the most helpful class you have taken so far? Why?

Studio lighting class: Learned how to use studio lighting, I am a studio lighting/digital photographer.

Portrait class/Business Practices class: Both with professor Greg Ceo, any class with him is most helpful because he is filled with so much real world experience knowledge and 100% knows the ins and outs of the commercial industry!

Tell us your way to come up with a great idea? How is the process?

For me I walk around a craft store, Target, Goodwill or Walmart for hours until I find an object that inspires me, I design the photo shoot around that object weather it be a beautiful dress or a crazy lamp.

Do you have any favorite sites to look up for inspiration?

Flikr of course but im a huge google images girl, never know where it is going to lead you.

Do you have any favorite books related to your major?

Any photoshop books

Which artist inspires you the most and why?

FAVORITE Photographer is TIM WALKER! UGH BRILLIANT MAN!

Do you have any personal projects going on right now?

I am in senior project this is my last quarter..sad....I am working on really vivid commercial depicts to sell a product. One image being the model with the product and the other being a creative way to show case the product.

Do you have a minor?

Nope

Beside your major, what other skills do you have?

Styling, make up, set design, production and I can make some mean pasta.

How would you describe your dream job?

Being a go to advertising photographer

Where are you from?

Huntsville, AL

How does that influence your art?

It doesn’t

Do you have any weaknesses? How does that affect your career?

Totall sleeping issues, but it works out because I get a lot done.

Which do you think is your most powerful strength?

How easy and fun retouching is for me

No comments:

Post a Comment