Monday, January 25, 2010

Dollhouse Shoot: How it Came to Life



So after being in the studio all night and doing post work until 4am for no reason besides my weird sleep schedule as usual [thank god my roommate laura, model you see] I have finished!

This is one image which will become a diptych like all of my senior project finals.

Here is how it happened.

My 4 year old sister got a three story doll house for christmas:
The first thing I said when I was it was "I am going to photograph this" So I set up my lights before I left for school and took a shot knowing I was going to do compositing with it later.


So I shot Laura today, yep killed her, at Bergen as a Barbie doll.


I was only planning on having one "Barbie" in the composite; however, once I got retouching I decided I wanted to play with hair color and multiple barbies since all Barbies are the same only with different color hair and dresses.



And here again is the final image.


and obviously since I spent so much time on her makeup I had to do a close up.





Thanks for being a trouper Laura!

3 comments:

  1. you are truly talented! you make things that only seem imaginable come to life! love your work!

    ReplyDelete