Monday, January 11, 2010

Interview with a Vampire: I mean Photographer.

In doing research for my "interview a professional" assignment,
I came across this great interview: I suggest you read it.

Q&A with EP President Brian Smith, President of Editorial Photographers

Excerpted from "The Art and Commerce of Magazine Photography"
Presented to ASMP Washington DC on September 11, 2007


Q: Years ago Greg Heisler was quoted in PDN as saying "I think you will find that most of the magazine assignments are given to friends of the photo editors." Is this still true? How important are relationships?

I suppose that must mean that Gregory has friends in higher places than I do...but seriously...I think it's less a case of being buddies with your editors and more important that you're someone they know they can count on to produce a great photo without fail no matter what forces conspire against you.


[love that answer]




No comments:

Post a Comment