Monday, January 18, 2010

BUBBLE GUM EVERYWHERE!

I had finished my product shot and was waiting for my model to show up so I could do her hair and make up. Gotta love turning the classroom into a studio. Please note my Pepsi throw back can....made me so happy!



Here are some images from this weekend. Information is below.







My senior project is consisting of a product shot with a model and finding a creative way of showing the product without having the brand name.
So this week it was bubble gum.

The blue seamless was actually found in the trash next to my friends apt on Thursday. Fantastic find right? So Friday I went on the hunt to find the items I would use in my bubblegum shoot. I knew I was using the blue seamless and obviously had to accentuate the color pink. So I walked around Michael's craft store for nearly 2 hours brainstorming and waiting for things to jump out and inspire me, as I always do. And well this is what came of it. Took me a while to find the gum I was looking for, who knew such a common gum was changing in style right now. Well I finally found what I was looking for the morning of the shoot and bought $15.00 worth of this gum, I nearly bought all of it.

It was a fun great shoot with my roommate, I had to use her she is a bubbly beautiful person with adorable dimples, perfect right? I think so. I also had a lot better luck using my airbrush makeup this shoot which was such a relief! Her skin took beautifully to it!

Also this was my first time in the studio this quarter using SCAD's new Prophoto strobes, which are brilliant. I love the way the attachments go off and on, no more CLICK! Brilliant. I was also happy I pulled of this shoot with two lights, medium softbox and a 5 grid spot.

So this quarter I am in love with vivid colors, now on to planning my next shoot....what product to use, what product to use? That is the question!

Oh also the model's boyfriend showed up on set and I snapped some adorable photos of the happy couple! If only it were planned so we could get him a different shirt!


OH! I finally started a Flikr account; I thought it was appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment